maj 06, 2013

Qubool Hai: Vikrant Massey replaces Rishabh Sinha as Ayaan

Qubool Hai: Vikrant Massey replaces Rishabh Sinha as Ayaan


We were absolutely disappointed to learn that Rishabh Sinha aka Ayaan was leaving the show, but good news is that the makers have found a suitable actor to replace him

Qubool Hai will not be the same without Rishabh Sinha’s cool and care-a-damn attitude, or so say the fans. But the makers had no choice but to replace the actor after he breached the contract and misbehaved with the channel. Zee TV has now roped in another favourite of the masses to play Ayaan – Vikrant Massey. The actor was last seen in Channel V’s The Serial, prior to which he was cast as the main lead in Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo on NDTV Imagine.
There is no doubt that Vikrant has a lot of fan following and he is a good actor, but will he share the same chemistry Rishabh did with both Asad Ahmed Khan (Karan Singh Grover) and Zoya Farooqui (Surbhi Jyoti)? Is he the perfect replacement? Vikrant says, “I don’t take it as a ‘replacement.’ A good role is a good role. I don’t measure it in terms of its length or whether it is subservient to another character or whether I will fit in someone else’s shoes. It doesn’t bother me. I am not insecure and have never been so. I don’t feel the pressure to deliver, but initially one has to match what the previous actor was doing in the show. Qubool Hai is currently No 2 among the Top 10 shows across all GEC’s and it’s hugely popular abroad especially in the Middle East countries. I couldn’t have said no to such a popular show.”
“There’s something very cool about the show. It’s different from the usual saas bahu dramas. It was very gracious of Zee and Gul Khan (producer) to cast me in the role of Ayaan after auditioning so many actors. Ayaan is a popular character and this role is going to be a huge responsibility, but I am up for the challenge,” added Vikrant.
We ask if he was nervous about being in the same frame as KSG, and pat comes the reply, “Oh yes, I’ll be playing the role of his younger brother and I’m really looking forward to working with him. He has tremendous screen presence and a great physique. I guess it will be too much for the viewers to handle Karan and me together on screen…!” Now that is something we are absolutely sure of, no?
Vikrant will also soon be making his Bollywood debut in the much anticipated blockbuster, Looterastarring Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha. “I have a small but interesting part to play. I feel blessed to have got the chance to work with a director like Vikramaditya Motwane,” he said.
VM has already started shooting for Qubool Hai. Let’s hope the actor meets our expectations, right!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar