maj 28, 2013

"Jhalak is an opportunity to showcase my dance skills"


The very famous Indian dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa: Dancing with the Stars is back with a bang, with yet another season on Colors. The all new popular season will have the very gorgeous Drashti Dhami, of Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoonfame as one of the contestant.
In a candid chat with TellyBuzz, actress Drashti Dhamitalks about her stint in the latest season of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa...
What is your definition of 'Dance'?
Dance for me is a real stress-buster. It is something I enjoy that takes me high!   
Is dancing your hobby?
Yes it is. Just like everyone else, my parents also wanted me to learn dance. So, apart from the fun-factor, I had some serious Bharatanatyam lessons during my childhood.
What was your reaction when you were offered Jhalak Dikhla Jaa?
Jhalak happened to me all of a sudden. One fine day, I got a call from the production house, wanting me to be a part of the show. That was a moment, I was astounded and very happy as well.
For a daily soap actress, how difficult it is to manage another reality show?
Trust me, it's very difficult. My show Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon is my first love. I feel that it is because of Madhubala that I'm a part of Jhalaka Dikhla Jaa today. Since it's a daily soap opera, we have a 12 hour shift daily. So you can understand how hectic it becomes rehearsing after the shoot. However, I'm able to dedicate almost 4-5 hours daily for my dance rehearsals. So at present, I'm going through a phase of sleepless nights!
With such a hectic schedule, will you be able to give justice to Jhalak Dikhla Jaa?
I'm trying my level best to be fair towards both the shows. Jhalak for me is an opportunity to showcase my dancing skills, learn some new dance forms and ultimately enjoy the journey.  
Which is your favourite dancing number?
My favourite dancing number I would say is 'Ganpati dancing', where you have to just be yourself and dance passionately with full enthusiasm and energy. You don't have to be cautious or worry about the perfections to every move. So it's fun. But otherwise, I love to dance on Bollywood songs. I'm looking forward to dancing on songs like Paani Da Rang from Vicky Donor, Pareshaan from Ishaqzaade and songs from Dev D.
How do you feel having a star choreographer as your partner on this show? How is the chemistry between both of you?
Well, Salman Yusuf Khan is an amazing choreographer. I feel blessed to have him as my 'Guru'. But on the other hand, the better he is, the more challenging it becomes for me to cope up with him. When we are rehearsing at 3 am and my choreographer makes me do the steps again and again until I perfect them that is the time I actually realize the significance of a star choreographer (Laughs). When I'm totally exhausted, energy comes in from Salman. So, I would say our chemistry is 10 on 10.
Which dance-form you are keen to be skilled at?
I wish to learn everything. Jhalak Dikhlaja Season 6 is going to be a tough competition this time. The earlier dance reality shows have already set a benchmark. The judges and the audience are looking up to us with high expectations. So we'll be experimenting with a variety of dance –forms. But to be precise, the dance style I'm keen to be skilled at is 'Bachata'.
How was your experience dancing with Ranbir Kapoor for the launch episode?
Oh my God!  I admire Ranbir Kapoor. He is also my favourite actor in Bollywood. Thanks to Jhalak Dikhla Jsa that I got a chance to dance with him. The experience was wonderful. I was so excited that I just went speechless. (Blushes).
On this platform, who do you think is a competition to you?
Well, so far I haven't really seen everybody's dance. But I think Lauren Gottlieb, who is already a winner of an International dance reality show, is going to be a hard-hitting competition to all. And like it's said, the tougher the competition, the more interesting the show will turn out to be. 
What is going to be your strategy to win the show?
There is no shortcut to success. We are putting in our heart and soul to bring out the best we can. So hard work is the ultimate element to win the show. 
A quote for your competitors?
Watch Out!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar