maj 26, 2013

I did not feel the need to talk to Pratyusha (Banerjee) for I don't know her: Toral Rasputra


Toral Rasputra
Toral Rasputra, who recently entered Balika Vadhu (Sphere Origins) as the new Anandi, has no problems if this super hit Colors’ show comes to an end abruptly.
“What begins today has to end one day. And this path-breaking property has already rocked TV for the last 5 years. Having said that, I don’t think we will wrap up any time soon for there is lot more to tell and the public support is still going strong,” she avers.
“I have been following this show on child marriage ever since it went on air and I always wanted to play the lead without giving a thought that I will get this golden opportunity. It so happened that I just got a call for the audition and the rest, as they say, is history,” she confides.
Toral did not feel the need to meet Pratyusha Banerjee whom she replaced in the soap. “This is just because I do not know her,” she quips.
When asked as to what makes this Sphere Origins production tick, she reasons, “It is because the entire concept of social reform is being told in a beautiful and well-written manner. Many a times, I have to keep myself in Anandi’s place so as to be able to get the correct emotions after what she has gone through, most of us would not even understand.”
Toral, who began her career with Disney (Dhoom Machaao Dhoom) then went on to do Yahan Ke Hum Sikandar on Zee Next. “That was followed by a stint on Sahara One (Kesariya Balam Aavo Hamare Des). Dhoom gave me a name and recognition. Zee Next, somehow, never took off. Then I really enjoyed my time inKesariya; it was a well-made show but we did not get enough visibility because somehow the channel never had strong GRPs,” she observes.
“Post Kesariya I did Chhoti Si Zindagi for Zee TV and now I am on Colors, known to be one of the biggest channels. So one can say that my journey has been slow and steady but always saw a rise,” Toral maintains.
Looking ahead, this recently married woman would like to do a dance reality show. “If I get time from Balika, I would surely try my hands at this genre for I am a trained classical dancer,” she concludes.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar